In Bangladesh, there has been a tremendous focus on fire and building safety following the tragedies of the recent past. It is likely that you or someone you know has attended fire safety training provided by one of the main collaborative groups such as the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (Alliance), The Bangladesh Accord on Fire and Building Safety (Accord), WRAP, or the Fair Labor Association (FLA). While these trainings are important, we feel there should also be an emphasis on Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and how a good program will help a factories Business.
This program is designed for people who need OHS techniques and skills in their work.
The purpose of the course will be to help businesses to develop OHS programs, including fire and emergency response that are efficient, first class, and result in increased value at the company.
Attendees will learn in depth understanding of OHS issues facing the industry.
Outcome of Training:
This workshop will enhance the following knowledge to the participants –
Internal and external sources of OHS information and data – build relationships with stakeholders (internal and external to the organisation)
Importance of incorporating organisational policies and procedures for OHS;
International/legislative framework requirements for OHS;
Roles and responsibilities of personnel as specified in relevant OHS legislation and sequence tasks and meet timelines;
Range of culturally appropriate communication strategies to communicate effectively with diverse abilities people at all levels of the organization.
Exercise and practical sessions
question and answer session
Contribute to the implementation of information and data systems
– Identify and address requirements for record keeping
– Identify, access and evaluate sources of OHS information and data for application in the workplace
– Take actions to ensure that records are accurately completed, collected and stored
– Provide information and data to managers and stakeholders in a readily understood format
Contribute to the implementation of OHS strategies, systems and plans
– Determine OHS priorities in consultation with appropriate managers and in line with other consultative arrangements in the workplace
– Develop OHS action plans taking account of priorities
– Seek input from OHS specialists and technical advisors if required
Support integration of OHS within the overall management approach
– Identify other functional areas that impact on OHS
– Work with managers and stakeholders as appropriate to implement OHS action plan
Identify OHS implications of proposed changes to the workplace and provide advice to control risks
– Identify resulting hazards and assess potential risks
– Provide appropriate advice to control risks and action as appropriate
Identify implications of all sources of change to managing OHS and provide advice regarding those changes
– Identify and evaluate changes to relevant legislation for implications for managing OHS
– Identify and evaluate changes to relevant standards or industry practice for implications for managing OHS
– Monitor sources of information and data for impact on hazards, risks and the management of OHS
Evaluate effectiveness of the approach to managing OHS
– Consult stakeholders for input to the evaluation
– Identify, document and action areas for improvement
If you wish to take this training, please register. We shall communicate with you.
Mr. S. M. Nurul Huda has experience in the apparels, textiles field more than twenty years. His expertise in merchandising,
Mr. S. M. Nurul Huda has experience in the apparels, textiles field more than twenty years. His expertise in merchandising, product quality tasks, Social Compliance, Security Compliance (For Various US Customer), IMS (Integrated Management System-Integration of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007), SQP (Supplier Qualification Program), BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative), WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production), WCA (Workplace Condition Assessment), IWAY for IKEA & Sedex.
He handled different quality standards and have been working several years as consultant covering covering Social, Technical, Security (C-TPAT), International Standard e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000, BRC IOP, HACCP, GMP and Environmental requirement as per buyers requirements at Factory set-up.
Expertise And Skills:
• Audit Planning • Prepare reporting format • Review Corrective Action Plan • Audit tools development • Root Cause analysis and remediation• Budgetary and internal control
• Liaison with different stakeholders • Leadership training • Proficiency in electronic reporting and database.
He is now CEO of Global Compliance Initiative and worked in HKD International (CEPZ) Limited, Qualitex Industries (BD) Ltd, Uma Manufacturers & Exporters Ltd, Shyms Fashions Ltd, Daf Group- Reported Buying House and Legend Int. Ltd.
He is now providing training on following areas:
Bangladesh Labour Law-2006 & Bangladesh Labour Rules-2015
ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditing Techniques
ISO 14001:2004 Internal Auditing Techniques
OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal Auditing Techniques
Fire safety risk assessment as per OHSAS
Problem solving and capacity building training
Security Compliance e.g. C-TPAT/GSV
Social Compliance e.g. BSCI, SEDEX & WRAP